Event Category: Culture
Madrid Tour: Markets of Madrid
Escape the tourist traps and discover the lesser known historical neighbourhoods of Madrid. Learn how these areas have changed over time, explore the hidden gems of these residential areas, and experience how the locals live – and eat! Along the way, pop in and out of local markets and sample traditional Spanish tapas.
Madrid Tour: Markets of Madrid includes:
- Learn how Madrid’s neighbourhoods have changed over the years as you weave through the city with a local
- Discover the hidden spots of La Latina, an old neighbourhood where Madrid was founded
- Take a stroll through Madrid’s multicultural district of Lavapies
- Visit local food markets to taste local products and see how the people of Madrid shop
- Get a literal taste of the city with samples of Spanish cuisine and wines
- Inclusions are food and drink samples (Spanish breakfast of a hot drink and pastry, three tapas dishes, three drinks of wine, beer, and/or soft drink), as well as you will get your guide.
Meeting point for the Madrid Tour: Markets of Madrid is Plaza Isabel II, at the statue of the woman in the middle of the square, facing the Opera House’s façade (Metro stop: Opera)
- Language/s for this tour is/are English
- 4 hours (approx.)
- Madrid Tour: Markets of Madrid runs from Tuesday to Saturday 10:00
- 47.00 EUR
- Please remember to bring your confirmation email (print or smart phone).